At the beginning of 2017, Qbi was successfully introduced to the Dutch healthcare market. Since then, Qbi has been enthusiastically received by healthcare professionals in geriatric care, child care, physiotherapy and rehabilitation to encourage their clients to move more in an approachable and fun way. Qbi is also actively used by research institutes and universities. Qbi is used as teaching material for healthcare related courses such as physiotherapy and there has also been frequent research into the effects and applications of Qbi in various healthcare sectors.
Since the market introduction of Qbi, Qineto has actively collected feedback from users. And research and collaborations with healthcare organizations have led to new insights. In addition, the technology has developed further and interest in Qbi has grown from abroad. All these developments have led to the development of a new version of Qbi.
The new Qbi is in all aspects an improvement compared to the old Qbi. Qbi has been completely redesigned, as well as new hardware, new software and a new ‘user interface’ that is even more user-friendly to use. Compared to the old Qbi, this version also has a more favourable starting price. The new Qbi is now available for purchase.
Some new features of Qbi:
- Modern, functional and lightweight design.
- New camera with more accurate body tracking.
- New generation of robot balls with longer battery life. The balls also automatically connect to Qbi and calibrate automatically.
- Completely new developed software with user-friendly interface.
- Faster processor. Qbi is ready to use in a few seconds.
- Qbi can be controlled via a remote control on a smartphone so that Qbi can be started, stopped and paused.
- Qbi has a ‘stopwatch’ and ‘timer’ option.
- Qbi and the stand have a magnetic power connection. If someone accidentally gets tangled up in the cable, the power cable will immediately disconnect. Qbi closes automatically.
- The ‘Easymode’ has been developed especially for use in public spaces. With this simplified mode you can use Qbi without assistance.
- Qbi can be expanded with 2 extra robot balls. This makes it possible to move with four people at the same time.
- Online service and over-the-air software updates. Software is licenced (upon purchase the service & license on the software package Basic+ is 1 year free of charge).
- Qbi is expandable with various software packages and interactive tools.
- And much more…
The new Qbi is available in 4 packages: Basic, Travel, Pro and Complete.
Do you have a question about the new Qbi? Please contact Qineto.
The first version of Qbi is no longer available.